Child Health & Development/Parenting
- www.zerotothree.org Information on infant and toddler development
- www.123magic.com Information on child discipline
- www.HealthyChildren.org Parenting topics by AAP
- www.seattlemamadoc.org Blog from progressive mom and pediatrician/ Seattle
- http://www.choosemyplate.gov/kids Food guidlines, recipes, and great information
- http://talkingwithkids.org Tips for discussing difficult topics with kids
ADHD Resource Videos
The CDC offers parenting videos in English and Spanish, aimed primarily at parents of young children. Here you’ll find videos of the positive parenting skills. For each topic, there are two types of videos:
- Feature Video of Real-life Parenting Challenges
Have you ever been frustrated that your child doesn’t listen or struggled with how to handle specific behaviors? See how parents like you address every day challenges and find real world solutions.
- “How-To” Video of Expert Tips and Ideas
Do you want to know the steps for time-out or how to set family rules? These videos have specific “how-to’s” for positive parenting. Experts provide tips and ideas that are direct and to-the-point.
Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt: Play Nicely: The Healthy Discipline Program : This is a brief, population-based intervention designed to prevent violence and mitigate toxic stress. Rates of violence and other health problems could be reduced if all caregivers learned how to respond to the following question appropriately: “Assume you see one young child hit another. What are you going to do?” Watch the videos.
American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP): Discipline Strategies: AAP shares ways to help teach your children acceptable behavior as they grow with its 10 Healthy Discipline Strategies That Work.
- http://cpsc.gov Safety alerts and product recalls
- http://nhtsa.gov/parents-and-caregivers Car seat information, driving safety and teen driving
- http://maginationpress.com Self help books for kids, all ages
- http://www.cdc.gov Information about disease and foreign travel
- http://aap.org Information on various topics related to children
Positive Discipline: The First Three Years: From Infant to Toddler–Laying the Foundation for Raising a Capable, Confident Child By Cheryl Erwin, Jane Ed.D Nelsen, and Roslyn Duffy
Positive Discipline for Preschoolers By Roslyn Duffy
Positive Discipline A Z By H. Stephen Glenn
Positive Discipline for Teenagers By Jane Ed.D Nelsen and Lynn Lott
Positive Time Out: By Jane Ed.D Nelsen
1-2-3 Magic: 3-Step Discipline for Calm, Effective, and Happy Parenting By Thomas Phelan
How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk By Adele Faber
Raising Your Spirited Child: A Guide for Parents Whose Child Is More Intense, Sensitive, Perceptive, Persistent, and Energetic By Mary Sheedy Kurcinka
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families By Stephen R. Covey
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens By Sean Covey
Freeing your Child From Negative Thinking By Tamar E. Chansky
Freeing your Child from Anxiety By Tamar E. Chansky
Freeing your Child from Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder